Dr. Oliver M. Duschka is a senior executive in the IT services industry, with a strong background in management consulting, Six Sigma, ITIL, operations support systems, IT service delivery, and account management.
March 2012 – today
Vice President & General Manager, Unisys Enterprise Solutions, Europe. Global P&L responsibility for Unisys‘ large multinational clients in Europe. In addition, Oliver is general manager of Unisys Enterprise Services GmbH in Germany.
January 2007 – February 2012
Senior Vice President and Member of the Management Committee ICT Operations. ICT Operations within T-Systems delivers private cloud services (e.g., SAP as a service), data center outsourcing, telecommunication networks, and end user computing services for multinational customers. ICT Operations employs approx. 21.000 employees and operates out of 22 countries. Highlights:
- World-wide responsibility for Operational Excellence at ICT Operations.
- Decided on application architecture and managed application development and operations of T-Systems’ Operations Support Systems.
- Built-up and managed an organization of approx. 750 employees, located in several countries in Western Europe and four nearshore and offshore software development and operations hubs.
- Lead presales, technical solution design, transition, and transformation of new outsourcing deals for ITIL processes and Operations Support Systems.
- Implemented a world-wide Six Sigma program. Responsible for 11 Master Black Belts and approx. 100 Black Belts, and, therefore, the selection, set-up, and running of approx. 100 continuous improvement projects (DMAIC and Lean) in parallel every six months.
- Implemented ITIL processes world-wide and rolled-out ITIL supporting Operations Support Systems.
- Established ICT Operation’s worldwide project management organization and rolled-out project management standards.
January 2004 – December 2006
Director Quality & Business Improvement. Responsible for all strategic and process improvement projects within Computacenter, for Computacenter’s external Six Sigma consulting, for customer satisfaction surveys, for the company-wide knowledge management system, for quality awareness trainings, and for ensuring ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 certification.
- Lead Computacenter’s Six Sigma program.
- Established Computacenter as a market player in Six Sigma training and consulting.
- Managed a reorganization of Computacenter’s sales and service organization in Germany, affecting approx. 3.000 employees.
February 1999 – December 2003
Engagement Manager in the Business Technology Office. Lead strategy, business building, and cost reduction projects in financial services and other industries.
January 1998 – January 1999
Director of Integration Technologies. Developed a prototype of an intranet based information system for a leading U.S. pharmaceutical company. Developed the system architecture and software for integrating autonomous heterogeneous databases. Managed the company's technical development plan and patent application process.
1993 – December 1997
Teaching and Research Assistant. Worked on the Infomaster project, an information integration project. Assisted in teaching of computer science classes "Logic and Automated Reasoning" and "Introduction to Databases".
1990 – 1993
Oliver studied Business Administration and Computer Science ("Wirtschaftsinformatik") at Technical University Darmstadt ("Technische Universität Darmstadt").
During his studies, Oliver has been a Scholar of the German National Scholarship Foundation ("Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes"), a Fulbright Scholar, a grantee of Hermann-Schlosser-Stiftung (now: "Evonik Stiftung"), and has received a fellowship from Schlumberger Foundation.