Senior executive in the IT industry, with a strong background in management consulting, Six Sigma, ITIL, operations support systems, IT service delivery, key account management, sales, and general management.
Vice President Life Sciences, Consumer Packaged Goods, Multinational ClientsGlobal P&L Leader for all Life Sciences, Consumer Packaged Goods, and multinational clients in EMEA. Full responsibility for growth, revenue, profitability, and client satisfaction. Achieved a 16% year-over-year top-line growth while at the same time improving profitability and client satisfaction significantly, measured by a year-over-year increase of net promoter score by +20.
Vice President & General ManagerGlobal P&L leader for Unisys‘ large multinational clients in EMEA. General Manager of Unisys Enterprise Services GmbH in Germany.
Senior Vice President and Member of the Management Commmittee ICT OperationsICT Operations within T-Systems delivers private cloud services (e.g., SAP as a service), data center outsourcing, telecommunication networks, and end user computing services for multinational customers. ICT Operations employs approx. 21.000 employees and operates out of 22 countries. Highlights:
- World-wide responsibility for Operational Excellence at ICT Operations.
- Decided on application architecture and managed application development and operations of T-Systems’ Operations Support Systems.
- Built-up and managed an organization of approx. 750 employees, located in several countries in Western Europe and four nearshore and offshore software development and operations hubs.
- Led presales, technical solution design, transition, and transformation of new outsourcing deals for ITIL processes and Operations Support Systems.
- Implemented a world-wide Six Sigma program. Responsible for 11 Master Black Belts and approx. 100 Black Belts, and, therefore, the selection, set-up, and running of approx. 100 continuous improvement projects (DMAIC and Lean) in parallel every six months.
- Implemented ITIL processes world-wide and rolled-out ITIL supporting Operations Support Systems.
- Established ICT Operation’s worldwide project management organization and rolled-out project management standards.
Director Quality & Business ImprovementResponsible for all strategic and process improvement projects within Computacenter, for Computacenter’s external Six Sigma consulting, for customer satisfaction surveys, for the company-wide knowledge management system, for quality awareness trainings, and for ensuring ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 certification.
- Led Computacenter’s Six Sigma program.
- Established Computacenter as a market player in Six Sigma training and consulting.
- Managed a reorganization of Computacenter’s sales and service organization in Germany, affecting approx. 3.000 employees.
Engagement ManagerLead strategy, business building, IT architecture and cost reduction projects in financial services and other industries.
Director of Integration TechnologiesDeveloped a prototype of an intranet based information system for a leading U.S. pharmaceutical company. Developed the system architecture and software forintegrating autonomous heterogeneous databases. Managed the company's technical development plan and patent application process.
Teaching and Research AssistantWorked on the Infomaster project, an information integration project. Assisted in teaching of computer science classes "Logic and Automated Reasoning" and "Introduction to Databases". Oliver holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford University. His publications focus on the area of information integration.
Oliver studied Business Administration and Computer Science ("Wirtschaftsinformatik") at Technical University Darmstadt ("Technische Universität Darmstadt").
Awards and Honors
Scholar of German National Scholarship Foundation ("Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes")
Grantee of Hermann-Schlosser-Stiftung